A Chicago-based music producer who has collaborated with hip-hop star G Herbo says hundreds of {dollars} in money, jewellery, and a handgun had been stolen throughout a house invasion.
Joshua Buchholtz and his spouse, Karnye, who co-own Jungle Lord Recording Studio, stated they had been shocked to return to their North Aspect residence and discover it had been looted.
The Chicago Police Division stated that the break-in occurred at about 8.30 p.m. Saturday within the 800 block of West Cuyler Avenue.
Buchholtz informed ABC 7 Eyewitness Information that he, his spouse, and toddler son had moved into a brand new home simply two weeks in the past and hadn’t but had an opportunity to arrange their safety techniques.
The file producer claimed {that a} burglar stole about $10,000 in money from his secure, together with an enormous jewellery assortment that he had “been amassing for years” and a Nintendo recreation console.
A handgun registered to Buchholtz was additionally allegedly taken from the property.
Buchholtz has made hits with G-Herbo, and Jungle Lord states that the Chicago rapper’s newest album Biggest Rapper Alive was recorded at its studio. The corporate’s web site claims it has labored with Grammy-winning artists like Justin Bieber and Probability the Rapper.
By laying out his belongings in preparation for a visit to Paris, the file producer admitted he had unintentionally made it straightforward for the intruder.
“They went by all the pieces,” Buchholtz stated in a video posted on Instagram on Sunday. “It was a fast theft primarily based on the truth that all the pieces of worth was proper there.”
“It’s not simply what they took, but it surely’s the sensation they left behind,” he continued. “Figuring out that somebody was going by our house, our residence we’ve constructed, it’s a distinct sort of violation… I thank God my spouse and son weren’t there.”
In a separate social media assertion, Buchholtz stated that the burglar took one thing “much more disturbing.”
“The intruder took images of delicate paperwork and violated our residence’s privateness in an unacceptable means by going by my spouse’s private belongings,” he stated.
The incident may need been avoidable, Buchholtz conceded, noting: “I could have left the again door open.”
Buchholtz stated he started asking neighbors for safety footage and trawled by 9 hours’ price of video, intent on discovering the intruder.
One surveillance clip posted to Instagram on Wednesday confirmed a person sporting a cream zip-up hoodie over a white t-shirt, grey beanie, and blue trousers, carrying a rucksack Buchholtz claims belongs to him.
In one other video, a white automotive was seen circling outdoors the producer’s residence a number of occasions. In a 3rd, the alleged intruder could possibly be seen holding an upside-down clipboard outdoors Buchholtz’s residence.
Buchholtz additionally said that he’s providing a money reward for any info on the person’s identification, though he didn’t disclose the quantity.
For the reason that break-in, Buchholtz stated he has put in “top-tier” safety measures within the residence.
The hunt for a suspect is underway, however police wouldn’t verify to Eyewitness Information whether or not the safety footage posted to social media was a part of their investigation.
The Unbiased has contacted the Chicago Police Division for extra info.






